Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine's Day Card

valentine-typewriter

I've been playing with my sketch pens again lately in my Cameo, and this is the Valentine card I made for my husband.  I used a black glitter Silhouette sketch pen to sketch the typewriter, a dark silver gel pen in the Chomas Creations Silhouette pen holder to sketch the scribbles on the red hearts (created with the sketch-fill function in Studio Designer Edition), and a burgundy metallic gel pen in the Chomas Creations holder to sketch the sentiment. (I used the mini gel pen holder, but it's been upgraded to an adjustable holder that holds a wider variety of gel pens.)

valentine-typewriter-2

Shapes used: typewriter_sketch_C02975_1; 11_hearts__C01486_20509; scallop rectangle (my own design, which you can download here)
Font used: Rough_Typewriter

5 comments:

  1. I love it. The sketching really adds to it. Also it is very masculine looking. Your husband will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! I love how the sketching makes the hearts look more masculine--seriously. The whole theme is great for a man. Thanks for sharing this idea--and the file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly adorable card, really cute idea and thank you for the shared file. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card,thanks for sharing the cut file.
    Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I've been using this scalloped rectangle over and over since I made it. I'm glad you can use it too!

    Masculine cards are a little tougher to make, but I do like how it turned out. The striped paper is a Basic Grey scrap I've been saving for ages.

    ReplyDelete