These instructions work for Windows 7 (and probably earlier operating systems) using Adobe Reader:
1. Download and install Bullzip PDF Printer.
2. Open your desired PDF file in Adobe Reader.
3. Choose "Print" to open the print dialog box.
4. Select your printer as Bullzip PDF Printer.
5. Choose "Print"
6. In the "General" tab of Bullzip PDF Printer:
- Choose the Format: PNG (JPG works in Studio, too, but PNG files stay the correct size)
- Choose a file name and folder
- Click Save
8. Trace as usual ("Trace & Detach" is my favorite option for tracing and separating multiple images from a single page)