Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Toothpick Toppers 

Happy 2014! I whipped up these star toothpick toppers last night before our New Year's Eve family party. Sorry all I have is my Instagram photo to show you.

The idea wasn't mine, but I was happy to use my Silhouette CAMEO to quickly cut out about 100 identical stars, run one side through my Xyron sticker maker, and sandwich a tall toothpick in between.  I hate to think of punching 100 of these by hand, even if I could find exactly the right size of punch.  (Have I told you lately how much I love my CAMEO?)

I used a basic star shape in my Silhouette Studio library that is perfectly symmetrical so I didn't have to worry about replicating a mirror image for the back side.  Thin pattern paper worked best; the thicker gold paper needed an additional glue dot on the non-sticky half so the toothpick would stay in place.

I hope you have a wonderful year, and I promise to keep the inspiration and instructions coming.  My head is full of ideas; the only limit is time.  So come back and visit often!

2 comments:

  1. Love your toothpick favors! Quick, easy, simple, elegant, what more could anyone want? hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Kelly. May you receive every blessing this year, for you, your family and career.

    What a sweet and cool project, def going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete