Friday, June 27, 2014

Stenciled Flower Card

Stenciled flower card by Kelly Wayment for Silhouette 

I made this card with Silhouette stencil material and dye-based stamping inks on watercolor paper.  I love the blending I was able to accomplish and the texture from the watercolor paper.  Stencils are so fun to use for flawless artwork!  And now that I have the stencil cut out, I can make as many cards as I want with whatever color variations I want.  So cool.

I've got a full tutorial for this project over on the Silhouette Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! And I love your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    You are rocking the house with all these great projects. Glad to see that you are soaring with your Silhouette projects.

    Jody B (Silhouette Plus users forum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found a roll of Silhouette Stencil Vinyl in my stash that I didn't know I had, so I can't wait to give this a try! I have a question for you Kelly; I found some files in the Sil store that are called "overlays" and I am wondering if they would work well as a stencil using this technique? I'm not really sure what these overlay files are or how they are supposed to be used; am hoping maybe you know :) Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete